AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Competing against the big players

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So I'm currently working with a client who is set to launch a mobile app which will help trades people with invoices and quotes.

My problem is:

- Competition is high

- CPC. for relevant keywords is expensive

What strategy would you recommend adopting to reach people who are keen to download this app?

Maybe a good start would be if anyone has any recommendations on the type of campaign? e.g. Display, search or remarketing?

There is definitely a use for this mobile app, it's just competition is tough.

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can actually setup a Mobile App Install Campaign. This would probably be best if your objective is app installs.. You can learn more about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309936?hl=en

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@david j

check your other post on this subject. I gave you a few pointers there.

Re: Competing against the big players

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @David Kyle Would you recommend using display rather than search, even if you know that people are searching for your keywords?

That's what I was trying to clarify with this post. I understand you said that display is good for brand awareness, but maybe I should have clarified that the objective is more about driving people to download the app.

Hope that makes sense? Thanks for your help

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can actually setup a Mobile App Install Campaign. This would probably be best if your objective is app installs.. You can learn more about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309936?hl=en