3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Company with Multiple Branches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am relatively new to Adwords, so am  hoping someone can give me some advice!

A client that I have been working with for quite some time with their marketing (and will be taking over their Adwords management) is in the process of having a new website built.  They have two satellite offices, and at this time, all three offices have their own logos, branding and websites, although all very similar. 

I am thinking that from an Adwords perspective it would be better to have one website for all three locations with different campaigns and dynamic ads rather than three websites potentially competing against each other. The radius from the main office can encompass the two satellite offices.

Please let me know your recommendations!  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

That's the whole franchise conundrum... This might be an actual franchise, but the same difficulties still apply.

Like @MosheTLV said, there are advantages from the business and branding perspective of having one company/site. There are a lot of website/SEO agencies that say the opposite, but they get paid to make websites. Smiley Happy So they think they're not going to get paid as much if they only build one site. The work is worth what it's worth, one site three times "better than" makes the same money for the agency as three sub-par sites. Not to mention the fact that you have to manage, update, and create content for three separate entities instead of consolidating your efforts within one site. It just makes more sense from a business perspective to invest in one functional, well designed site, with quality authoritative content.

From an AdWords perspective, if all three locations are in the same city / local area, how do you know which site is the "right" one to land a user on if their query doesn't specifically include intent for a specific location? Location identification and targeting isn't perfect, and the more localized the targeting, the more likely you may lose potentially valuable impressions. Not to mention the fact that with multiple sites, double serving violations are always going to be a concern. You will have to be extremely careful how you structure your account, and there's still no guarantee something won't slip through the cracks.

You should definitely have a page for each location on site, with the phone number and an integrated Google map. As long as the site is functional, users can find the right location for them. If/when you see enough query volume for a specific office location, then you can build out that campaign/adgroup using the "right" location page as the URL. But, you still have an umbrella site that covers everything, so you know you can cover all the potentially valuable impressions, regardless of query or specific location.

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I agree. It also delivers a message of a bigger company than 3 "independent" small firms.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

That's the whole franchise conundrum... This might be an actual franchise, but the same difficulties still apply.

Like @MosheTLV said, there are advantages from the business and branding perspective of having one company/site. There are a lot of website/SEO agencies that say the opposite, but they get paid to make websites. Smiley Happy So they think they're not going to get paid as much if they only build one site. The work is worth what it's worth, one site three times "better than" makes the same money for the agency as three sub-par sites. Not to mention the fact that you have to manage, update, and create content for three separate entities instead of consolidating your efforts within one site. It just makes more sense from a business perspective to invest in one functional, well designed site, with quality authoritative content.

From an AdWords perspective, if all three locations are in the same city / local area, how do you know which site is the "right" one to land a user on if their query doesn't specifically include intent for a specific location? Location identification and targeting isn't perfect, and the more localized the targeting, the more likely you may lose potentially valuable impressions. Not to mention the fact that with multiple sites, double serving violations are always going to be a concern. You will have to be extremely careful how you structure your account, and there's still no guarantee something won't slip through the cracks.

You should definitely have a page for each location on site, with the phone number and an integrated Google map. As long as the site is functional, users can find the right location for them. If/when you see enough query volume for a specific office location, then you can build out that campaign/adgroup using the "right" location page as the URL. But, you still have an umbrella site that covers everything, so you know you can cover all the potentially valuable impressions, regardless of query or specific location.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom! You just stated exactly what I was thinking, I now have validation of my thoughts!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Thank @MosheTLV... He's the one who puts in the work. Smiley Happy He might not say much, but he's always right. Smiley Happy

Tom