2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Companion Banners - the basics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I'm struggling to get to the bottom of all things companion banners, my key questions are as below - if anyone else is able to shed any light that would be great!

1) What are the benefits of including companion banners

2) i think (with the exception of production) they are free?

3) At what point in a video (the videos I am working on are between 1 min and 4 mins) do they apprea and how long for - can you decide? 

Thanks so much

Alicia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alicia K
September 2015

Re: Companion Banners - the basics

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

1) Share more information about your video, when users click on them, they are directed to your video's destination URL.

2) They are free and the clicks on them are free as well. You should also know by default, a companion banner is automatically generated from the videos in your YouTube channel , if you don't upload your own image.

3) They served as on unit next to your video therefore they appear as soon as the video begins to play.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alicia K
September 2015

Re: Companion Banners - the basics

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

1) Share more information about your video, when users click on them, they are directed to your video's destination URL.

2) They are free and the clicks on them are free as well. You should also know by default, a companion banner is automatically generated from the videos in your YouTube channel , if you don't upload your own image.

3) They served as on unit next to your video therefore they appear as soon as the video begins to play.