AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Combining two different adwords accounts into one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new client that wanted to target by location - so they set up three different adwords accounts. We have taken over for them and would like to take the accounts and combine into the one that is linked to analytics.

Besides copying and pasting in editor is there a faster way to do it with all settings in tact?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author manderson
September 2015

Re: Combining two different adwords accounts into one?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

1) It is not a recommended procedure for an entity ( company or person) to use multiple accounts because they could end up being suspended because of a double-serving policy violation.

2) The editor can be used to export the entire campaigns and import them in your account. Copy paste can be a more time-consuming task than the export - import features.

3) Not all settings can be moved through the editor . If the accounts are old, you will lose statistics and keywords will restart their status. If you had keywords that had a low avg CPC by restarting the history they will most likely not have the same QS or avg CPC, but it is better to have all details in one account instead of having all accounts suspended because of violating an adwords policy.

4) Have you tried using the My Client Center for your other clients ?
http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/

Many more users can join this thread to provide feedback based on their experience.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
consolidate the accounts ASAP to avoid a double serving violation. The easiest way is by using the Editor;
When done: cancel the other two

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

1) It is not a recommended procedure for an entity ( company or person) to use multiple accounts because they could end up being suspended because of a double-serving policy violation.

2) The editor can be used to export the entire campaigns and import them in your account. Copy paste can be a more time-consuming task than the export - import features.

3) Not all settings can be moved through the editor . If the accounts are old, you will lose statistics and keywords will restart their status. If you had keywords that had a low avg CPC by restarting the history they will most likely not have the same QS or avg CPC, but it is better to have all details in one account instead of having all accounts suspended because of violating an adwords policy.

4) Have you tried using the My Client Center for your other clients ?
http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/

Many more users can join this thread to provide feedback based on their experience.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
consolidate the accounts ASAP to avoid a double serving violation. The easiest way is by using the Editor;
When done: cancel the other two

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help. 

Yes, I'm in the middle of the transferring the second account now. I've completed transferring the first into editor. 

Once that is done I can begin managing the one account. Can't wait - there are a lot of items that can be improved.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for using the forum to resolve this problem, it was a brave and smart move.

Good luck with your campaigns and have a nice weekend !