2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Closing and opening account in another country

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've a client who wants to migrate his account to another country.

So he will cancel the account and immediately open it in another country.

What I want to know:

• Whether account gets closed quickly
  • Immediately after closure can he open new account in other country and start running ads for the same sites? Will it be as per Google policy?
  • For new account in another country can he avail any Adwords offers if any?
  • Will Adwords support be available from anywhere in the world for any account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Closing Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello again utilitiesindia;

• I really do not see the benefit that your client would gain. With advanced targeting options available in AdWords, you can launch a global campaign from any-place.
  • You can close an account and open a new one. Technically, the account is never "closed". It can be reactivated any-time.
  • Promotions are available on a country or region basis - We have no idea how promotions are handled by marketing in different regions.
  • Phone support is based on your account settings and your billing address. I don't quite know if you are entitled to get support by calling a US number, when your billing address is in the UK.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Closing and opening account in another country

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Even though the question has already got a perfect answer, maybe it is good to share my opinion:

• Multiple CID's per URL is not the best idea but if I am right the historical stats associated with your URL will get carried over. The only reason you might now have for change of CID vs. International is being able to change currency/timezone at the account level.
  • Double Serving is one policy to not breach by mistake when switching up accounts
  • You can rest assured the Google voucher policy is similar worldwide. Only ever use one promotion per customer. This is why certified partners don't use their free vouchers on themselves.
  • You should be able to email through the adwords help center for support at any time from any country. As long as your account is not in a language not supported by adwords I am 99% positive you can get help.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello again utilitiesindia;

• I really do not see the benefit that your client would gain. With advanced targeting options available in AdWords, you can launch a global campaign from any-place.
  • You can close an account and open a new one. Technically, the account is never "closed". It can be reactivated any-time.
  • Promotions are available on a country or region basis - We have no idea how promotions are handled by marketing in different regions.
  • Phone support is based on your account settings and your billing address. I don't quite know if you are entitled to get support by calling a US number, when your billing address is in the UK.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what about countries differently apply your guidelines !!!!! (yes it does happen).

Kratom.... no way in NL (completely legal in NL), in Germany lots of adwords adds.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Closing and opening account in another country

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Even though the question has already got a perfect answer, maybe it is good to share my opinion:

• Multiple CID's per URL is not the best idea but if I am right the historical stats associated with your URL will get carried over. The only reason you might now have for change of CID vs. International is being able to change currency/timezone at the account level.
  • Double Serving is one policy to not breach by mistake when switching up accounts
  • You can rest assured the Google voucher policy is similar worldwide. Only ever use one promotion per customer. This is why certified partners don't use their free vouchers on themselves.
  • You should be able to email through the adwords help center for support at any time from any country. As long as your account is not in a language not supported by adwords I am 99% positive you can get help.