AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Client wants AdWords for specific territory.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings All;  I have a client that operates in a few small territories.  He's frustrated with increasing expenditures and decreasing effectiveness of newspaper and yellow pages advertising.  At this point he wants to totally drop all that and switch to Internet advertising.  The challenge is that he doesn't want to see any response to a paid ad coming in from any other area than his very specific territories.  I am most certainly not an adwords expert but have used it on a few projects.  Not sure if I can give any type of guarantee that adwords will achieve what he is wanting.  Comments?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client wants AdWords for specific territory.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Bob L Yes you can set locations to include specific cities / zip codes etc that your client wants to be found as well as exclude areas he prefers to not be seen. Just go to your Settings tab and then Locations to target those locations. Pretty simple to do
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Re: Client wants AdWords for specific territory.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Bob L,

Feels like the real question is the types of guarantee you can give and not the technique you should use. My best advice for you is to refrain from giving any kind of personal guarantees to any business partners. You should say that the only guarantee is Google's technology on which your techniques rely. However, it is to a great extent based on IP addresses which might occasionally be incorrect while there are also black hat techniques associated with server proxies that some people may misuse. While they are not likely to happen in a geo-restricted campaign, you of course never know. 

Technically I agree with @Kerry W. Cities or zips are great choices. Remember to apply advanced location settings as shown in the snip below my sig.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture-sep12.PNG