AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Client for MCC , can change access level to read-only or just unlink ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the access level options for a client connected to the MCC account ? Can a managed account only unlink or also change access level from MCC to read-only for a while ?

To avoid multiple scenarios , let's say

the adwords account was created separately ( not through the MCC)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Client for MCC , can change access level to read-only or just unli

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

'Terminate Access' is the only option through the UI.  I'm aware of the other threads where the user is explaining some scenario where they have had some level of MCC access changed to 'Read-Only'.  That is a very odd an un-natural situation.

MMC-Client-Options.jpg

Does that cover it for you?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

'Terminate Access' is the only option through the UI.  I'm aware of the other threads where the user is explaining some scenario where they have had some level of MCC access changed to 'Read-Only'.  That is a very odd an un-natural situation.

MMC-Client-Options.jpg

Does that cover it for you?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you , I know your view on this , bringing a picture helps a lot , thank you.

As I read the Help Center I believe they added the MCC level to the User Access Level (your first two rows from the picture). When I first went through access levels the highest was Administrative . Can you share your perspective about this ?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en-GB

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I get a sense of what you're saying here but I'm afraid I don't understand and I'll save you from further information that you already know by guessing. I'm very familiar with User Access levels etc...

Can you elaborate?

-Tommy

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Made some tests, I got it all figured out now. The documentation is wrong , it says "Here are the four levels of access you can assign" and then it enumerates below 5 "access levels" the last one being MCC when it is actually an "Access type" not "level".

Because the "Administrative" level allows a user to change the level of others for example from "Administrative" to "Read only" By reading what rights the Administrative user has "Can give account access and change another person's access level" one could assume that if there is a 5-th access level, that level can also be changed by the "Administrative" user and it is a wrong assumption.

The help page needs to be corrected to 4 levels and 2 types of access and the "Can give account access and change another person's access level" could be completed by "except the MCC access" to be avoid confusion.

Besides all that , nothing has changed, invitation by email has 4 levels of access and linking by client ID to the MCC is the same with only one choice to "terminate" as you rightfully wrote. 

[edit] Just learned how to report a feedback for the documentation in the help center, the procedure is really nice. Now if I spot another confusion I'll just write about it to the editorial team .