4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Client Account Access

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have an issue where a client cannot see their adwords campaigns when they login. It's as if they are logging into a brand new account - asking them to get started. 

When I login to my MCC in their account, Under "My Account > Account Access" they are setup correctly with admin access and it shows they last logged in Oct 28, 2010. This adwords account has been running since 2005.

I suspect this maybe to do with an old temp account but we have not been able to login using the @gtempaccount.com format either. 

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Client Account Access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JanDunlop,

Are you sure that your client is logging in with the correct email address and the password which they have for their account?

Reason I am asking because if your client would have logged in with correct info, then the time stamp would have been the recent one and not the Oct 28, 2010 as you have written, if you log in from MCC and check underMy account>.Account access.

Few things coming in my mind are:

You can ask your client if they changed the password for the adminstrative account access email.

Please note that only one email address can be associated with unique Adwords account. So make sure they are using the same email address.

You can refer to this link for more details.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated. 

Yes I have confirmed that he is logging in correctly (verified myself). He is logging into his google apps email account name@hisdomain.com

Password would most likely have changed since 2010. 

I just send an invite to name@hisdomain.com even though that email address is already listed as an administrator. On trying to accept that invite we get the following message: "The Google Account robert@sailconnections.com already has access to an AdWords account (Customer ID: )." Note customer ID is blank. 

So it looks like there is a blank adwords account already associated with his email address. I suspect the client tried to sign up for an adwords account at some stage instead of logging into their existing account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi JanDunlop,

As I said earlier, only one unique email address can be associated with one Adwords account. So, there is no need to send the invitation on the same email address again as you are bound to get that same message that it's already associated with Adwords account.

One way could be to add another email address of your client to access his Adwords and this email address should be unique in the way that it's not associated with any other Adwords account.

Is there any other email address associated as administrator for this account which can be accessed? If yes, then one another work around could be to log in with that email address and invite your client's email address (unique) as the administrator.

Lastly, you could get in touch with Adwords support for more.

I hope it may be of some assistance!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
JanDunlop, you should try the above steps, I think it's going to work. I assisted one of my frnd like this and she was able to get hold of it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

OK thanks for the suggestions, I used a secondary email address for them.