1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks from outside area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why am I getting adwords clicks from outside the set radius area of my city?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Clicks from outside area.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rod

I think you need to change the advanced location setting to "People in my targeted location only" option.

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rod

I think you need to change the advanced location setting to "People in my targeted location only" option.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Abhishek, but my advanced location target is "people in my targeted location"? The clicks I am getting are about 50km outside my radius.

Thanks
Rod

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Again

Google uses various number of factors to determine a person's physical location, it can be IP address, device location which is tracked through GPS, WiFi, Google Cell ID etc. 

Also, Adwords system can show your ads in nearby suburbs of your targeting location. Read this Adwords help link:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453995?hl=en

"Related cities
When you target a city, we may also show your ad to customers in nearby, closely related cities that normally couldn't be targeted because of low population, insufficient data about the geographic area, or because city-level targeting isn't available. For example, if you target the city of Portland, we may also show your ads to searchers in nearby suburbs of Portland."

Abhishek