AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Clicks but not based on Keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone help me understand this?  It shows 3 clicks, but only 1 click based on keyword.  I do not have display network on so I don't know where the other 2 clicks could have come from.

Ad group Status Default Max. CPC Clicks Impr. CTR Avg. CPC Cost

Total - all but removed ad groups     6,236 impressions, 1 click @ $4.61 total $4.61

Total - Search     6,778 impressions, 3 click @ $4.85 total $14.55

Total - Display Network     0 $0.00 $0.00

Where do I find info on these other 2 click? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan A
September 2015

Re: Clicks but not based on Keyword

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Evan,

It looks to me like you may have removed an ad group at some point during the time period you are reviewing. Try this, go to the exact place where you reviewed this data and just under the 'ad groups' tab, change the dropdown option currently set to "All but removed" to "All" (ad groups) this should now display the ad groups that were removed, which is where the additional clicks and impressions occurred.

The key here is 'Total - all but removed" vs "Total - Search" something was removed from your account and is not currently visible, likely due to your view options.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Looks like during the time period you are viewing you have paused or removed campaigns. You could have paused or removed an ad group. Or, you could have "moved" a keyword from one ad group to another which resets the history.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Evan,

It looks to me like you may have removed an ad group at some point during the time period you are reviewing. Try this, go to the exact place where you reviewed this data and just under the 'ad groups' tab, change the dropdown option currently set to "All but removed" to "All" (ad groups) this should now display the ad groups that were removed, which is where the additional clicks and impressions occurred.

The key here is 'Total - all but removed" vs "Total - Search" something was removed from your account and is not currently visible, likely due to your view options.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That worked thanks. Now the question is there no way to cross between adwords and analytics to see where the clicks came from?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You can look in Analytics under "Audiences" to see your Adwords performance if your accounts are linked.