AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Click to Call only Campaigns in Adwords without providing URL?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a client who wants Adwords Click to Call only campaign. I am confused because I have been working with many clients, but client is insisting to use Phone number only and not providing any URL for landing page. Is it possible to create an Ad without providing a URL?? I have gone through Adwords help material, but client saying it is possible and one of old Adwords consultant did that!!!

Can you guide me? How is it possible? A link to Google support material would be appreciated that I may have missed.

Thank You

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Click to Call only Campaigns in Adwords without providing URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Check detailed instructions in the following link;

1. "Choose whether you'd like your ad to include both your phone number and your website, or just your phone number. This option affects only mobile devices; on tablets and desktop or laptop computers, the website and phone number could still appear together."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3364314?rd=1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

My question is different, I have gone through this already.

Are we able to make ads without providing a URL?

I just wanted to add a phone number no landing page URL.

Thank You
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ahmad W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ohhh...
No; You must have a website; (URL). You can choose whether to show the phone number or not.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is confusing to figure these things out. So i feel your frustration. The work around that i have found to work is that if you want to create a mobile only type of account. The best way to approach it is to setup the campaign to target mobile ads of course create the ads and add the phone numbers. Create a landing page that is directed to have the user call. Feature the phone number prominently as the call to action. Dont forget to Make it mobile friendly and responsive and there you have a call campaign even if you need to use a url.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

The answer to this questions has changed as AdWords now allows 'call only' campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@painperdu ; But you still must provide the URL as a reference when setting the campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes.

Create a call only campaign - Ads are setup with phone numbers instead of URL's - Ads appear on mobile so searchers see a call option, they will be redirected to a call instead of a landing page

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This two year old thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks you.