AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Classifying Products in Adgroups Doubt for Similar Products...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a doubt of organizing my 2 similar products.

We have 2 linen shorts each a different style of linen shorts (Style Patterns Vary) each in its own url.

Now I have doubt in organizing them in adgroups. Is there any way of avoiding the duplicate keywords such as "linen shorts" in both the adgroups?

Regards,

Bob

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hemanthjava
September 2015

Re: Classifying Products in Adgroups Doubt for Similar Products...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bob, the question you need to ask yourself is whether you think people will search using terms related to the styles, or if they're only ever (or pretty much most of the time) going to search on "linen shorts" (assuming we're talking only about the search network here).

I'm no expert on linen shorts, but I'd guess that the most likely situation is that people will search for the generic term then, once they've seen your ad and clicked to your site, they will then browse the styles.

As such, I'd be inclined to think "the other way around".  Rather than trying to organise Adwords to match your site, it might be better to organise the site to suit the way people search.  I'd be looking to have a generic "linen shorts" landing page you can use with Adwords, then have clear and obvious links from this page to the different styles.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hemanthjava
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bob, the question you need to ask yourself is whether you think people will search using terms related to the styles, or if they're only ever (or pretty much most of the time) going to search on "linen shorts" (assuming we're talking only about the search network here).

I'm no expert on linen shorts, but I'd guess that the most likely situation is that people will search for the generic term then, once they've seen your ad and clicked to your site, they will then browse the styles.

As such, I'd be inclined to think "the other way around".  Rather than trying to organise Adwords to match your site, it might be better to organise the site to suit the way people search.  I'd be looking to have a generic "linen shorts" landing page you can use with Adwords, then have clear and obvious links from this page to the different styles.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bob,

Inputting duplicate keywords inside the Adwords account is certainly not considered because ultimately only single keyword will be triggering the ad from your account.

Now as Jon said rightly, you will have to decide which product users could search for. You can go for the landing page with generic linen shorts as Jon said.

Other way could be to look at the current website structure and find out which of the similar products users are searching more often. For that, you could take the help of Google Analytics and see the all traffic sources (in addition to paid traffic) and identify the most visited landing pages of your website.

Going the way how you want to structure your Adwords account, read this excellent article  and this might give you a hint in the right direction based on your website structure, which products you should target and how.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Bob,

I totally agree with Jon.. There will be more people searching for linen shorts rather than a particular type of linen shorts...
I would target the keyword 'linen shorts' and take my users to a page that shows the different kinds of linen shorts I have...
Also, I would ensure that my ad copies mention the 2 types of linen shorts I have...

Looking for Linen Shorts?
Best Quality of type1 & type 2 shorts
at Affordable rates. Buy Now!

This helps me cover both the kinds of users..

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!