2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Choosing the best bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to use google adword for the first time. I found a keyword which google suggests €40.83 for, and another keyword for €23. Nevertheless I do not wish to spend more than €5 per day on ads. If i choose €5 as my daily budget for these keywords, what effect will it have? will the ads show at all and even receive clicks? Does suggested bid mean that other advetisers are already paying this amount for those keywords?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Choosing the best bid

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Igwe J as others have said, it may be that Google's suggested bids are wide of the mark however they're probably not that far off to make a big difference in your case.  Any situation where your daily budget even comes close to average CPC values is a difficult one and likely to produce poor results.

In this situation you've really only got two choices, either to dedicate a more substantial budget to your advertising program, or to use a different channel.  Assuming a greater budget is not going to happen, I'd suggest you consider the Display Network rather than Search.  Display Network placements can be substantially cheaper, depending upon the placements chosen and although possibly not the best channel for your business in the long run, may raise your profile sufficiently that you generate some income that could be put back into AdWords.  Good Display Ads are important, so make sure you spend some time producing effective and eye-catching Ads.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Igwe J, probably you want to promote your website in very competetive niche so it may turn out that €5 would be not enough to get any relevant clicks. Suggest bid can not always be correct because separate auction runs each time when someone in searching for something in google and it's influenced by lot's of factors. So I would suggest to place test bid (let's say €1-2 for all your keywords - you can get estimates in Keyword planner) and wait for some time so you can get access to Impression Share metrics:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

By checking Impression Share lost due rank on keyword level you will what % of auctions you didn't participate in due too low bids.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Suggested bids are always misleading, it is average bid for 1st page bid or top of page Just try and test it the next day and adjust the bids as per your marketing objectives. You can take 60-70% of Google's bid as a benchmark to start with and monitor it.

Regards,
Bhavesh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You should avoid most competitive keywords if your budget is not enough.
Try Google Keyword planner to find keywords in niche. Filter keywords which are having good search volume but lesser competition. Suggested Bid is always wrong and misleading. Run your own campaign with keywords and monitor after 24 hours. You can use flexible bid strategy to control bid and ad position.

Thanks
Virendra
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Igwe J as others have said, it may be that Google's suggested bids are wide of the mark however they're probably not that far off to make a big difference in your case.  Any situation where your daily budget even comes close to average CPC values is a difficult one and likely to produce poor results.

In this situation you've really only got two choices, either to dedicate a more substantial budget to your advertising program, or to use a different channel.  Assuming a greater budget is not going to happen, I'd suggest you consider the Display Network rather than Search.  Display Network placements can be substantially cheaper, depending upon the placements chosen and although possibly not the best channel for your business in the long run, may raise your profile sufficiently that you generate some income that could be put back into AdWords.  Good Display Ads are important, so make sure you spend some time producing effective and eye-catching Ads.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Choosing the best bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone am new to adwords, i have created my ad and google have approved it, but it is not showing in the google search, plus the interface have change from what i learnt with.

and what is the meaning of path