Guide Me
star_border

Choose which bidding strategy and why

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am new to AdWords and suppose to start a campaign. But I am confused to choose the option for Bid strategy and reason why:

Either to choose: I'll manually set my bids for clicks
or

AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget

Please help me...

Amit Verma

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Verma
September 2015

Re: Choose which bidding strategy and why

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

Welcome to AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

I would say to follow this article:-https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Adwords-Bidding-Strategies-Part-1/ba-p/291167

Hope you will get your answers.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Amit Verma,

Luckily your concern is a common one and it is explained in detail here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en&ref_topic=3119128

"

• Automatic CPC bidding is the simplest and most commonly used bid strategy. All you have to do is set a daily budget, and the AdWords system automatically manages your bids for you, to bring you the most clicks possible within your budget.
  • Manual CPC bidding is the default strategy to let you manage your maximum CPC bids yourself. You can set different bids for each ad group in your campaign, or for individual keywords or placements. If you've found that certain keywords or placements are more profitable, you can use manual bidding to allocate more of your advertising budget to those keywords or placements."

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian B,

Thanks for sharing this link. But I would like to know your personal thoughts that being a new to Adwords would it be a good idea to handle CPC bidding Manually. Although I have gone through some video tutorials regarding Manual CPC bidding and got some idea.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would start spending on AdWords only after gaining enough knowledge about manual bidding.

If you are in a hurry to bring traffic to a website you can also use automatic bidding.

What is the purpouse of your campaign, do you want a lot of cheap traffic no matter how irrelevant it is, or do you want to generate sign-ups , phone Leads, product sales ? 

I would also recommend implementing conversion tracking if you can track sales on your website because later you can use a better automatic bidding option, the CPA bidding, which will help you find conversions at a target CPA.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually I am looking to promote an IT company for quality USA traffic that would bring some business for us.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Amit Verma,

Is it an IT company which handles tech support from India to USA targeting traffic such as antivirus and printer Trademarks, offering paid support when the support was supposed to be free for all ?

This shady area was filled with account suspensions in the last months . Here is a recent message on the topic :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-approvals-and-advertising/any-more-tech-support-accounts-...

Anyway in this case it is a service, and requests come from completing an online form I suppose. Implement conversion tracking on the thank you page of those forms and for begining use automatic bidding.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Amit,

I am jumping into the conversation, Very competitive niche you are going to promote. I would say if you have cpc ideas then go for Manual bidding. As you can make bid changes whenever you want with this bidding method. But if you have no idea about cpc's, run campaign with automatic (don't forgot to set max that you are willing to pay for each click) for some 7 days and get cpc ideas & switch back from automatic to manual.

Once you get some good stats, conversions you can decide if you want to move to CPA bidding method or not.

I think so!

Edit: If you are talking about tech support please take Adrian Advice!

- Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
No its a company which provides Software development, Website designing & development, Mobile Apps development services.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In case you will be advertising the download of trials for Windows, read this thread to understand the limitation of adwords has in case of tablets. You may need to explain this to your bosses :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Why-am-I-forced-to-advertise-developer-orien...