AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Character Limit for dynamic remarketing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are currently using the Dynamic Remarketing Ads for the  account and was wondering what the character limit is for the headline to not be cut off. We had a headline with a character count of around 80 and only saw the first 50 characters. We would like to prevent the headlines from being truncated, so please let us know how we should proceed with creating these ads."

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Character Limit for dynamic remarketing ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kavya,

Which type of ads are you referring to? Expandable (headline 1 and headline 2 upto 30 characters each per headline or standard text ads (headline upto 25 characters). I have not seen any headline more than that for the text ads.

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Navya,

You can see the limits for character lengths here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6053288?hl=en

That is provided you are using your feed to populate the field required. Sometimes you can get away with a larger character limit, but those are the limits that will ensure your whole headline is shown irrespective of the ad format you have chosen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Clynton. Can you give me more insight on this. Also can you guide me regarding the character lengths in the article you provided.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Pankaj.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Navya,

Apologies for the late reply. Do you have an idea of where you would like clarification? In most cases the character limit is 25 characters in order to ensure that the column in question is displayed on all mediums and in every format.