AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changing my Customer ID in Google Adwords for my email account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an existing email with Google that is associated with a Google Adwords Customer ID.  I have been invited to join another user's Google Adword Customer Id.  I followed the setup for this but when I attempted to login it shows I'm already using my email account with another Google Adword Customer ID.  I want to keep my current email account but just have it associated with the Customer ID that I have been invited to join. 

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing my Customer ID in Google Adwords for my email account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

You just won't be able to do that. It's a strict one email address to one AdWords account relationship. You can't use the same email address to access 2 different accounts directly.

What you can do is get an MCC account and attach both the single accounts to that MCC, allowing you to manage both with a single login. If you want to use your current gmail for the MCC, you'll need to remove it from the existing account first. If this is your account, invite another email address that you use to join the account. Jump through all the hoops to accept the invitation and promote the new email to admin. You'll then be able to remove your gmail address and use it for the MCC account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Changing my Customer ID in Google Adwords for my email account

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

A small adition to this Topic, I have found that the most important optimisation to begin with are the Titles of products, and more important the first 2-3 words from the titles.

I have a debate here with a live sample from a user :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Adwords-grouping-Question/m-p/160608/highlight/tr...