AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changing from Manual CPC to Auto CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I ran an AdGroup with Auto CPC and on Broad match. Needless to say, I got all the wrong search queries and paid for unrelated search queries!

Then I went ahead and changed my search type from Broad to Phrase type. As I felt phrase type would be a lot more suitable! Also, I changed the bidding from auto to manual and put a cap on the manual CPC. 

6Hrs later my impressions, clicks and everything else is at 0. Now I want to switch my AdGroup back to the Auto bidding mode and can't seem to do it! Please tell me what I should go ahead and do at the earliest. 

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Best,

Clifton Lobo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing from Manual CPC to Auto CPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Clifton,
This is actually normal and something that infuriates me. When you change the match types of your keywords en mass, they all get submitted for review again. You'll see that in the status bubble. It will take a few hours to get them reviewed again. If you wait, you'll see they'll start receiving traffic again when reviewed.