3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changing country in Billing Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I opened my adwords account I was living in India. Now that I am in the US I am finding it impossible to change my billing information. It almost seems my adwords account is permanently registered in India. The currency is in Rs and also when do keywords search the local is set to India, which again I cannot find a way to change.

Any advise how best to resolve this issue? Thanks for taking time to read this.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Changing country in Billing Info

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi nirajlama,

The only way to change your payment and bid currency is to open a new account in the currency you need to change to.

If you are permanently in the US I'd recommend opening a new account.

You will lose historical data and it will take a bit of time to build back up but you need to decide what's more important for you.

It's not the solution you were after, but they are the only 2 options. Leave it or open a new account.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi nirajlama,

The only way to change your payment and bid currency is to open a new account in the currency you need to change to.

If you are permanently in the US I'd recommend opening a new account.

You will lose historical data and it will take a bit of time to build back up but you need to decide what's more important for you.

It's not the solution you were after, but they are the only 2 options. Leave it or open a new account.

I hope this helps.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

You can choose the currency in your Adwords account only once and after it is set, you cannot change that.

So as said above, you have 2 options : One is to leave it as it is, second is to cancel your original account, follow the described process here and then create a new account with new currency as $ with new Billing address. But make sure when do this, you don't violate the Doube Serving Policy.

I think if are in US permanently then its better to cancel the first one and create a new one. But you will loose all the history attached with first account and will have to rebuild from scratch. So choice is yours.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
Although this message was posted a few years ago, I am facing a similar situation.
I just entered my billing information to my Adwords account and confused the billing country with the address of the invoice. Bottom line, the billing country is wrong.
You mentioned I need to open a new account but does it mean I need now to redirect my websites to the new account? I am not sure what to do. my Adwords account is connected to my google account...
I guess my question is which new account to open.
Thanks,
Tami.

Changing country in Billing Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've managed to go through the cancellation process but the account is still active and accessible and so I can't create a new one with the same e-mail. When it will be deleted completely so I can use the same e-mail for a new account? Thanks

Mantas