1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changing bid strategy at the ad group level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the questions ... I am using the new interface. Is it possible to change the bid strategy at the ad group level within a campaign or do I have to make that particular ad group it's own campaign with it's own budget? I'm trying to do it but rather wing it and hope it's right I guess I better ask.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Robin Z

Bid strategy is set on the campaign level. You would need to create a new campaign and copy the adgroup in question over to it.

edited: this is incorrect. you can now edit bid strategies in ad groups as described below. 

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Again @Robin Z - You don't necessarily need to create a new or another campaign in your situation. I would recommend taking a step back, and starting a new thread to try and address all of the questions and concerns you have about taking over the management of your AdWords account. There are some basics you have to be aware of and familiar with before any of the rest of this will make any sense. Smiley Happy

Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Robin Z,

You can use bid strategies on ad group level.

Here are the steps

1. Go to ad group level and select ad groups which you want to change bid strategy.

2. Select bid strategy tab on the top.

3. Click Change bid strategy.

4. Click 

5. Select bid strategy you want to use.

6. Click make changes.

Please note that you can also create portfolio bid strategies in shared library also.

Thanks 

Sanal John

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @Robin Z

Depending on the various bid strategies, you can implement these at campaign, ad group and keywords level.

In the new UI, selecting the ad groups for which you want to implement ad group level bid strategy will highlight additional settings.

Select edit > change bid strategy.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Sanal John @Archit

thanks for the correction guys. I was not aware of that new feature.

Re: Changing bid strategy at the ad group level

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

You are welcome!

Though this is not a new feature.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Archit

really? I have never noticed that tab for some reason.  Okay  "new to me" feature Smiley Very Happy