AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changing Access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I originally was listed as a user under someone else's account.  When I log in, it goes there as the default.  I would like to place some of my own ads, without that person having access, and using a different credit card.  Any help with how to do that?

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Changing Access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

awormann;

You'll have to open a different account for that. (One account - one credit card) . You may keep your other access level, on the other account.

Are you going to advertise the same domain?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

As Moshe says, you'll need a separate account.

If you no longer need/want your email to be linked to that other AdWords account, you can ask that account administrator to delete your access. After they do, you'll be able to use your email to create a new account.

If you still need/want access to that other AdWords account, you'll need to use a different email address to create your new AdWords account. (One email address can only be associated with one AdWords account at a time.)

As Moshe asks, you do need to be advertising a different website/domain than the original AdWords account. One website/domain can only be advertised in one AdWords account at a time also.

If you have more questions, please post again!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author awormann
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for your help!  I will be advertising a different domain, and we're not going to be doing much advertising with the old site anymore anway, so getting removed from that account will work perfect. 

Thanks again everyone!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

awormann;

You'll have to open a different account for that. (One account - one credit card) . You may keep your other access level, on the other account.

Are you going to advertise the same domain?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

As Moshe says, you'll need a separate account.

If you no longer need/want your email to be linked to that other AdWords account, you can ask that account administrator to delete your access. After they do, you'll be able to use your email to create a new account.

If you still need/want access to that other AdWords account, you'll need to use a different email address to create your new AdWords account. (One email address can only be associated with one AdWords account at a time.)

As Moshe asks, you do need to be advertising a different website/domain than the original AdWords account. One website/domain can only be advertised in one AdWords account at a time also.

If you have more questions, please post again!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author awormann
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for your help!  I will be advertising a different domain, and we're not going to be doing much advertising with the old site anymore anway, so getting removed from that account will work perfect. 

Thanks again everyone!