3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changes to match types and added keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wondering why after changing my match types from broad to exact I'm still seeing broad matched keywords in my account, also it appears that keywords are added in some lists. Can Google make these changes without my consent?  I've changed all my keywords to exact match, yet every couple of day there I am changing them back to exact match.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Howard F
September 2015

Re: Changes to match types and added keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Howard

I would check your change history. It is much more likely that someone else has access to your account and is changing it. Google will never interfere with your account unless you expressly tell them too (automated rules, optimisers etc).

Either another user is making the changes or someone has your login details and is making the changes with your account.

Tools > change history, will tell you all.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Howard F,

As Clynton indicated your change history is going to give you the Name of entity that made the changes.

You have the option to remove or change their Admin rights. Navigate from the Gear box ( top right corner) to Account Settings - Account Access and see the list of entities that have access and their access rights.

How to grant or remove access to your AdWords account
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Howard

I would check your change history. It is much more likely that someone else has access to your account and is changing it. Google will never interfere with your account unless you expressly tell them too (automated rules, optimisers etc).

Either another user is making the changes or someone has your login details and is making the changes with your account.

Tools > change history, will tell you all.

Good Luck
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Howard F,

As Clynton indicated your change history is going to give you the Name of entity that made the changes.

You have the option to remove or change their Admin rights. Navigate from the Gear box ( top right corner) to Account Settings - Account Access and see the list of entities that have access and their access rights.

How to grant or remove access to your AdWords account
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en