1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Changes to Landing Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just finished making changes to my landing page in an effort to bring up my quality score.  How long does it usually take for Google to take notice of these changes and hopefully bring the price of my clicks down?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChantalV
September 2015

Re: Changes to Landing Page

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi ChantalV

I agree with MosheTLV. You may almost certainly find investing in QS via CTR to be more successful in the first instance if it were in a direct trade off against improving the LP. Although a basic tip (so please forgive me) would be to hover over the bubble next to the KW and see if the expected CTR and ad relevance are resulting in 'above average' indicators. This tends to have a positive impact on QS and may yield quick returns.

LP optimization may still affect QS, so its best to make sure all 3 indicators are average / above average which can perhaps be utilized by tight ad groups and an effective account structure.

Here is a link to landing page optimization https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en-GB

Hope that helps, in support of MosheTLV's comment

James Edward

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

H there;

Well.... Changes to the landing page "work" more on the conversion part of the "customer acquisition  funnel". Remember that the predominant factor of QS is the CTR.

So my advice would be to focus / center  your efforts improving the CTR. (Using conventional techniques: match types, ad-group, reviewing the search terms report...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChantalV
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi ChantalV

I agree with MosheTLV. You may almost certainly find investing in QS via CTR to be more successful in the first instance if it were in a direct trade off against improving the LP. Although a basic tip (so please forgive me) would be to hover over the bubble next to the KW and see if the expected CTR and ad relevance are resulting in 'above average' indicators. This tends to have a positive impact on QS and may yield quick returns.

LP optimization may still affect QS, so its best to make sure all 3 indicators are average / above average which can perhaps be utilized by tight ad groups and an effective account structure.

Here is a link to landing page optimization https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en-GB

Hope that helps, in support of MosheTLV's comment

James Edward