AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Change the main email associated with my adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to change the main email associated with my adwords account. In the instructions below I don't see a place to edit email.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704356?hl=en

Thanks.

Katra

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Change the main email associated with my adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Katra,

What you'll need to do is add the new email to the account. It's best to use 2 browsers to do this, one to send the invitation and another to accept.

Log in to your account with a browser and send an invitation to the new address. Now log out. Find the email and click on the link to accept the invitation. On the page that opens answer "I already have an account". That will take you to a page where you can accept the invitation. Now, log out again and log back in with the old email. Confirm the addition and promote the new user to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email. You will then be able to remove the old email.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Katra,

What you'll need to do is add the new email to the account. It's best to use 2 browsers to do this, one to send the invitation and another to accept.

Log in to your account with a browser and send an invitation to the new address. Now log out. Find the email and click on the link to accept the invitation. On the page that opens answer "I already have an account". That will take you to a page where you can accept the invitation. Now, log out again and log back in with the old email. Confirm the addition and promote the new user to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email. You will then be able to remove the old email.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thanks, does this mean I can remove myself then.

Cheers,
Katra

--

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Katra,

Yes, you will be able to remove yourself once you have completed this. It can be tricky to do if you're using the unified Google login. You may need to log out more than once to switch users. After logging out of AdWords for each account, go to the Googel search page. If your name appears at the top right, you're not logged out yet. Log out there too.

Those are the tricky points-logging out completely before trying to switch users, and answer "I already have an account", which is a bit counter-intuitive.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Change the main email associated with my adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OMG 😱😱😱  I ALSO HAD TWO ADWORDS ID WITH SAME EMAIL ACCOUNT. I SEARCHED A LOT FOR REMOVING MY EXTRA ID I AND FOUND YOUR METHOD. I APPLIED IT PRECISELY AND IT WORKED FOR ME THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. 👍👍👍

What I have done ??

First opened Mozilla Browser and logged in into AdWords account. 

And nd to preferences and invite another email ID for Adword account .

Send invitation as a standard user.

Now logout.

Close the browser.

And open your Gmail and find the email invitation.

Open that invitation link in another Browser.

And accept that invitation.

Now logout.

Close the browser.

Again open Mozilla

Login into your Adword account and accept the new user and promote him to administrator. If you can't find the option to promote him as a administrator then switch to old Google AdWords interface and try it.

After doing that logout and close the browser.

Now again go to the new browser and login with the new email ID and go to account setting and terminate your old user.

And done. !!!