AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Change remarketing list membership duration in Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I change the remarketing list membership duration in Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Admin A
September 2015

Re: Change remarketing list membership duration in Adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Yes - in the column for the duration you can simply click and edit - however, this doesn't seem to work for the Main List that Google sets up automatically.

To get around this I have found that adding a new list to include everyone that visited a page with a part of your domain name seems to work. This list duration can be changed to a max of 540 days - which is 18 months...

just as an extension to this, you can set up lists with differing durations and then combine them (all of one, none of the other) to create windows... for example, I have an insurance client and we hit people pretty hard in the two weeks after their visit - but then we figure if they didn't buy they are not going to - they will probably have bought from someone elses - but they stay on two of our lists - one with 11 month duration and one with a 13 month duration - this is the "renewal" window, when they are going to be looking at their renewal, and we try and get them back in to our page at that point.

One of the fun ways I've heard about was a campaign for a hairdresser that remarketed to visitors 4 weeks after their first visit.... hair grows (apparently)!

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For lists build with the Tag not with analytics it is possible directly in the interface, please follow these instructions :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?rd=1#membership

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Admin A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Yes - in the column for the duration you can simply click and edit - however, this doesn't seem to work for the Main List that Google sets up automatically.

To get around this I have found that adding a new list to include everyone that visited a page with a part of your domain name seems to work. This list duration can be changed to a max of 540 days - which is 18 months...

just as an extension to this, you can set up lists with differing durations and then combine them (all of one, none of the other) to create windows... for example, I have an insurance client and we hit people pretty hard in the two weeks after their visit - but then we figure if they didn't buy they are not going to - they will probably have bought from someone elses - but they stay on two of our lists - one with 11 month duration and one with a 13 month duration - this is the "renewal" window, when they are going to be looking at their renewal, and we try and get them back in to our page at that point.

One of the fun ways I've heard about was a campaign for a hairdresser that remarketed to visitors 4 weeks after their first visit.... hair grows (apparently)!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, I had only the automatic lists but I actually ended up doing exactly what you suggested and created a new list for maximum duration. I will also look into how I can combine lists to create cool time spans.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The more you dig into remarketing and the way in which combination lists work, the possibilities are endless.... enjoy!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ooops - wrong account....