AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Change my URL in current AdWord campaign to a new Landing Page URL...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking to learn how, and where to change the URL visitors end up when they click on one of my search network ads.   It should be a simple question and solution, but everytime I search I end up with "advanced URL options" or New Upgrade URL's yadda yadda....   I just want to first, verify where people are going, and make sure they are now going to a new landing page I created.   How can I do this?  

Thanks community.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Click into your campaign, then click into the adgroup where your ads are located (Campaign>Adgroup>Ads). You can aslo click on the "Ads" tab at the top of the online interface. Hover over the ad you want to change then click the pencil (edit) icon. Enter the Final URL that you want the users to land on. This can easily be done in bulk in the Adwords desktop editor. 

Here is a guide on how to edit your ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375287?hl=en&ref_topic=3119123

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dean.  I was able to find the option "Change Final URL" and enter the new URL I wanted to add.  But when I do, I'm getting a message that says "Your changes were not applicable. Nothing has been changed".   I'm trying to add a landing page I made with in Instapage.   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to just create a copy of my adgroup and add the new URL destination there.   I think this will be preferred as it will keep the data from the old adset and start collecting on the new one.   I guess I may have just doubled my ad budget didn't I?   Still in the one day review period.   

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @Anthony V,

This is also fine. you can now pause the old ad groups and continue with the new ones.

Have you tried copying only ads of that ad group and pasting those in the same then changing the final url of new ads?

The easiest way for making bulk changes is using AdWords Editor.

Note: If you continue with both the ad groups(old and new urls), budget will be same as it is implemented at campaign level but you have copied only ad groups.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’