Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Change adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i change my adwords. A friend set my page up but i dont want to keep asking her for help as i know it's annoying. Pls can someone tell me? Many thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jackie T
November 2016

Change adwords

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Jackie it sounds like you might be referring to a "Google My Business" listing.  Google AdWords is a pay-per-click advertising platform, it does not have "a page", as in a website page or presence.  It has a management interface to control your campaign, perhaps that is what you are looking for?  

If you are looking to login to and manage your Google AdWords campaign, go to:  http://google.com/adwords

If you question is about a "Google My Business" listing, there is a forum for that within the Google Advertising Communities, you can navigate there with the link on the left side of the page. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jackie T
November 2016

Change adwords

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Jackie it sounds like you might be referring to a "Google My Business" listing.  Google AdWords is a pay-per-click advertising platform, it does not have "a page", as in a website page or presence.  It has a management interface to control your campaign, perhaps that is what you are looking for?  

If you are looking to login to and manage your Google AdWords campaign, go to:  http://google.com/adwords

If you question is about a "Google My Business" listing, there is a forum for that within the Google Advertising Communities, you can navigate there with the link on the left side of the page. 

Change adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jackie T,

When you say change AdWords... what do you want to change? 

If you are wanting to change users, which would mean adding a user and removing another, please use this info for step-by-step guide. 

If you are wanting to change AdWords in some other way, please provide concise information so we can best assist. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Change adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi james,

You may be dealing with the stupidest user of this forum. I thought Adwords
were the words you put in the top line of your business which you hope will
be found by users of your business services when they do a google search.
For example, anyone searching for builders in St Albans would mean that I
would have to have the words builders and St Albans in my "top line" for
searchers/poss clients. Have I got this completely wrong? Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think you might be right. I meant the keywords that you place the
description in the hope that when people do research they will find your
business quickly. Pls can you help me?

Change adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

There are no stupid users here, just people trying to solve problems and volunteers looking to help. 

AdWords is the brand name of advertising solutions provided by Google.  They are "pay per click" solutions. 

It sounds like you are asking about placing keywords into the html code, or meta tags of your website.  

That is beyond the scope of this forum, it is an SEO question.  

There are many good books available covering the basics of SEO, and how websites are found by search engines. 

I would suggest browsing a few of them at the local bookstore, as a starting point.  There are also free ebooks 

available online, on the topic.  

hth!

Change adwords

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jackie T,

As Steve already said, there are no stupid users. Technology changes very rapidly and for those not living with it... it can be a journey. 

Also, Steve is correct in stating your need to understand SEO (search engine optimization) and how to create a get website that the search engines will want to serve up in the SERPs (search engine result pages). 

Please take a look at this resource... and absorb all you can. Then, write down your questions and use the Google Webmasters Forum to get those answers and learn even more. 

While I am a web developer and SEO expert, this forum is set up for Google AdWords products and we need to respect that to keep things proper and well-organized. Thanks for your understanding and best wishes to you.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks for the link James. I will have a go. I'm 48 and feel out of my
depth! But i'm on it 😊