4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Change History in Adwords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to see your change history in Adwords editor? It seems like the only place to duplicate a campaign is in the editor, though I can't find a way to get my change history synched with it. Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David D
September 2015

Re: Change History in Adwords Editor

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Perhaps you had a deleted campaign, and you have "Download deleted and ended campaigns and ad groups" setting turned off? I'm not sure I understand what change history has to do with any of this.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Is this what you are looking for?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, that simply refreshes any changes that were recently made in Adwords itself.

I was able to duplicate the campaign by going into adwords and re starting the campaign, refreshing the adwords editor, then pausing the campaign. Doesn't really seem like the best way to do it and it would be a pain to do with multiple campaigns but it worked out in the end!

Thanks for you help though.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David D
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Perhaps you had a deleted campaign, and you have "Download deleted and ended campaigns and ad groups" setting turned off? I'm not sure I understand what change history has to do with any of this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that was exactly what I was looking for! It was a campaign that had ended and I wanted to duplicate for a similar campaign. It wasn't it the main adwords campaign bar, I could only see it in the change history and I couldn't figure out how to synch everything in the change history (which are all my deleted or ended campaigns). Thanks.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
In AdWords web interface, the leftmost drop-down at the top of every tab shows "All but deleted" by default. Just select "All" there if you want to see deleted (and, in the case of campaigns, ended) items.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect! Thanks a lot Igor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would still like to piggy back off this question. I'm taking over a rather large account and I thought it would be neat to see change history and export it out to excel for analyization. Any way of tdoing this?

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
In AdWords web interface, select Tools > Change History from the menu at the top. Use Downlodad button to get a report in CSV format.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!