AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Car Insurance display network campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone, 

New to Google advertising and looking to help out a client with advertising on the Google Display network. 

Can anyone provide me with any suggestions? Currently using Gumtree, but are looking for an audience which is maybe more male focused and if there are any websites which people mainly use a mobile on? 

Thanks if you can help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Car Insurance display network campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @david j,

That's a competitive market, bids are high, and the main risk you need to take is that users may click away your budget without a proper number of conversions. First, I suggest you to thoroughly research how the Display Planner works. You may start here:

***   About Display Planner   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056432?hl=en

When you are comfortable with the tool you may want to start identifying appropriate placements: first of all websites, blogs, forums etc that are in some respect or fully relevant to your field. Because it is an automated tool you'll need to manually check out each of them before adding them to your managed placements. You can add various targeting items by selecting the Display Network tab and clicking on the large red +TARGETING button on the left. Under this feature, you'll also be able to select gender and age groups for targeting purposes, in the Demograhics section. 

Otherwise you should be familiar with basic concepts of AdWords, the best test for which is to take the Fundamentals exam.

Best,

Lakatos