Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have two campaigns

in Campaing 1 when I change the billings settings it looks like this:

But in my other campagn it looks like this:

So I have basically two questions:

1) What is the difference between "focus on clicks" with "automated bidding"  AND "maximize clicks" (The only thing I see is that maxmize clicks does not use enhanced cpc)

2) Why cant I change my second campaing to "focus on clicks" it is not an alternative in the list

EDIT: I got some html error when trying to add the pictures, they can be seen in the post below

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cant change bid strategy to focus on clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

correctAdwords.pngadword2wrong.png

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi,

for the 1st snapshot, if you will check "enable enhance CPC" then this setting is no more maximise clicks. It will be switched to focus on conversions.(maximise conversions). This will be doing the same as what CPA do but there is a lot of difference.(we can say that the destination is same but the routes are different)

So if you want to be with "focus on clicks" then either go with manual bid(where you will set the bids by your own) or go with automatic bid(where adwords will set the bids automatically to provide maximum clicks, without checking the box for enhanced CPC.

In your 2nd snapshot, it is the same setting to get maximum clicks with automatic bidding(no ECPC applied)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

checking "enable enhanced cpc" does not seem to switch the focus to conversions (it is enchanced cost per CLICK not per conversion) it says that it might increase or decrease the bid by 30% depending if it thinks it will get a conversion. So I dont think that it is the same as CPA where it will just try to maxmimize conversion and not care about maximizing clicks.

I think you mean if I check the "Focus on coonversions (Conversion Optimizer) " then it will of course do that.

And my more important question is still:
In my campaign from the second snapshot, why CANT I change to focus on clicks? I dont have that as an alternative at all. (and vice versa, in the first picture I cant for example pick "maximize clicks" I dont have a drop down list at all, only "focus on clicks" or "focus on converisons" or "select a flexivle bid strategy"

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

"Enable Enhanced CPC "
AdWords automatically adjusts your bids to maximise conversions.

Even check the note mentioned just below the "enable enhanced CPC" (in your shared picture)

Please go through this link to know more about ECPC and CPA:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?hl=en

And you can switch to any other bidding strategy(2nd snapshot) by clicking the down arrow and scroll up and down. Please get help from this screenshot:

bids.jpg

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, but it is adjusting my bids to mazmize conversions, which is not the same as CPA.

ECPC just seems to "enhance" my bids by a certain %

and as you show in the your snapshot, I cant change to "Focus on clicks" there, that is not an alternative

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Fredrik F wrote:

and as you show in the your snapshot, I cant change to "Focus on clicks" there, that is not an alternative

If you will opt maximise clicks(under automated) from the drop down then it will be "focus on clicks" with automatic bidding

and if you will opt manual CPC (under manual bidding), then also it will be "focus on clicks" with manual bidding.

Target CPA bidding also work by adjusting the CPC bid.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Then why dont they look the same? and why does it say "Maximize clicks" and not "focus on clicks"

In my first campaign I dont even have the drop down list at all. Just the three round checkboxes.

EDIT:

an in "Maximize clicks" can I somehow also add ECPC as in "focus on clicks" so it focuses on clicks but changes the bids slightly if it thinks it will get an conversion

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Fredrik,

You can not add ECPC with Maximise clicks(automated) bid strategy, ECPC can be only opted with Manual CPC bidding which after opting will be no more manual.

These 2 (shared by you in the screenshots) are different layout for the same thing.
1st layout is available when you have opted automatic bidding(preset bidding) and want to switch to another.
2nd layout (drop-down) is available when your opted bid is manual(preset bidding) and you want to switch to another.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont understand. Why are they different, HOW do I make them the same? Say I WANT my layout 2 to become layout 1 as well. HOW do I do that

How is the second campaing in manual bidding if it is set to "maximize clicks" which is automatic?

(or what do you mean by "opted bid is manual(preset bidding)")