star_border

Cannot turn on Conversion Optimiser although I received a message from Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I received a message from Google,

'This campaign is eligible to use Conversion Optimiser'

so, I have been trying to turn on Conversion Optimiser, but cannot.

The radio button of 'Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimiser)' is inactive.

I had the same problem for other campaigns before, but I could turn on after turning off 

'AdWords will set my bids to help maximise clicks within my target budget', and saving it,

editing the bidding option.

I did this again and waited for couple of days, but this time, it won't be active.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem?
Many thanks,

Ikumi

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ikumi
September 2015

Re: Cannot turn on Conversion Optimiser although I received a message from Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Ikumi,

There are minimum requirements which has to be met before you can turn on the conversion optimizer for your campaign. Most important is that your campaign has received at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days.

Read other requirements in this article.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Cannot turn on Conversion Optimiser although I received a message from Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello pankaj1782,

Sorry for delayed my reply. I have been in holiday.

I could solve this problem. I don't know why I could do, but I put down how it was.

After I posted my reply, the message from Google had gone, and I found it again now (it's on 21st I opened last time. I don't know when it exactly appeared.)

Like before, the conversion optimiser was still inactive, so I changed from 'AdWords will set my bids to help maximise clicks within my target budget' to 'Manual...' and saved it. Then, I clicked the edit again, the conversion optimiser was active finally! 

I don't know the first message was sent by mistake by Google, or just system error, but it's fixed.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Ikumi,

There are minimum requirements which has to be met before you can turn on the conversion optimizer for your campaign. Most important is that your campaign has received at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days.

Read other requirements in this article.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello pankaj1782,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I know there are minimum requirements for Conversion Optimiser.

I have been trying to turn on Conversion Optimiser because I got a message from Google

'This campaign is eligible to use Conversion Optimiser'.

However the radio button of Conversion Optimiser is inactive.

This is why I posted this topic.

Hope my post makes sense...

Regards,

Ikumi

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Ikumi,

The message which you got from Google must be on the Main campaigns screen on top.

If you click on it, does it take you to the campaigns being said which are eligible for conversion optimizer? If yes, you can go to that campaign and then select last 30 days to cross check whether it actually received 15 conversions or not to qualify for conversion optimizer.

Hope that makes more sense now!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello pankaj1782,

Thank you very much for the reply.

> The message which you got from Google must be on the Main campaigns screen on top.

If you click on it, does it take you to the campaigns being said which are eligible for conversion optimizer?

Yes, it is. I clicked the Google message and it took me to the campaign page.

But, the radio button is still inactive.

Regards,

Ikumi

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Ikumi, can you share a screenshot with the community by deleting personal identifiable info and other relevant data from that?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello pankaj1782,

Sorry for delayed my reply. I have been in holiday.

I could solve this problem. I don't know why I could do, but I put down how it was.

After I posted my reply, the message from Google had gone, and I found it again now (it's on 21st I opened last time. I don't know when it exactly appeared.)

Like before, the conversion optimiser was still inactive, so I changed from 'AdWords will set my bids to help maximise clicks within my target budget' to 'Manual...' and saved it. Then, I clicked the edit again, the conversion optimiser was active finally! 

I don't know the first message was sent by mistake by Google, or just system error, but it's fixed.

Re: Cannot turn on Conversion Optimiser although I received a message

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ikumi,

Thank you for your question & answer. I was also facing the same problem but after reading your solution I was able solve the problem. 

Regards,

Luth-fi