1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot reset account password

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the following situation: I use Google Apps for Work to use my own domain with Gmail. My main email address has an alias that I used to sign up for Adwords a couple of years ago. Now, I can no longer remember the password. When I go through the password reset process for my Adwords account, it always resets the password of the main Google account and not of the Adwords account (signed up with email alias).
The account created at Adwords has a different password than the main account. But the password reset process sees that I am using an alias of my main address and thinks I want to reset the main password. However, this is not what I am looking for ...
Did someone experience the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pascal B
September 2015

Re: Cannot reset account password

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just found the solution myself. It's a problem with "conflicting accounts".

---------------

If you are having trouble accessing your conflicting account, make sure that you are entering the password associated with your conflicting account, not your Google Apps account.

If you have forgotten your password, try going to the password assistance page. On this page, what you enter into the email field depends on whether or not you have already chosen a new email address to use with your conflicting account:

• If you haven't yet chosen a new email address with which to associate your conflicting account, you can enter the temporary account name. The temporary account name is formatted as username%my-domain.com@gtempaccount.com, with '%' replacing the original '@' sign in your Google Apps email address, and with a @gtempaccount.com at the end. Then, type the words that you see on the page. On the next screen, select 'Email to ******@g***********.com.' A link will then be sent to your Google Apps email address allowing you to reset your conflicting account password.
  • If you've already chosen a new email address to use with your conflicting account, type in the new email address you used when you reset your conflicting account to fill out the password assistance page. Upon completion of the form, you will receive a password link to your recovery email address.

---------------

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pascal B
September 2015

Re: Cannot reset account password

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just found the solution myself. It's a problem with "conflicting accounts".

---------------

If you are having trouble accessing your conflicting account, make sure that you are entering the password associated with your conflicting account, not your Google Apps account.

If you have forgotten your password, try going to the password assistance page. On this page, what you enter into the email field depends on whether or not you have already chosen a new email address to use with your conflicting account:

• If you haven't yet chosen a new email address with which to associate your conflicting account, you can enter the temporary account name. The temporary account name is formatted as username%my-domain.com@gtempaccount.com, with '%' replacing the original '@' sign in your Google Apps email address, and with a @gtempaccount.com at the end. Then, type the words that you see on the page. On the next screen, select 'Email to ******@g***********.com.' A link will then be sent to your Google Apps email address allowing you to reset your conflicting account password.
  • If you've already chosen a new email address to use with your conflicting account, type in the new email address you used when you reset your conflicting account to fill out the password assistance page. Upon completion of the form, you will receive a password link to your recovery email address.

---------------