5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot reset AdWords Account password

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the issue, a supplier that used to work with us created the account on our behalf with the mail info@ourdomain.

We no longer work with this supplier but can't reset the password of the AdWords account because we only know the phone registered ******29 (our suppliers phone) but don't know any of the questions that google is asking and don't have access to that phone number.

Recently we migrated our mail to Google Apps. We do have access to the mail info@ourdomain but since we created that mail on our google apps account, Google renamed the original AdWords Account as info%ourdomain@gtempaccount.com.

I am the owner of the domain and the company and can't reset the password of this account that also belongs to me.

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot reset AdWords Account password

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David C;

I understand from your question that you cannot access the current AdWords account;

Once you migrate your business to Google Apps, you are "assigned " (under the Apps) a new AdWords account independent of the existing one.

So, actually the existing account is still there, not  yet linked to  Google Apps. (In order to link it, you need an access to the existing one - which you don't have.)

Try to retrieve the account using one if the options listed in this trouble hooter;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722062?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’