1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot link Google My Business and Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to link my Adwords account with my Google My Business Location. When I set up the Location Extension in Adwords it shows "1 Location Synced." (I only have one location for this given login) However, when I go GMB and look at the "Adwords Accounts" tab, it shows "No linked Adwords Accounts" and "No Pending Adwords Link Requests." I've waited over 5 days as I figured it could take some time. Tried setting up filters and such within Adwords Location Extensions, but I have not had any luck.

I am an Admin within Adwords and the owner of the GMB page. I do not think permissions is the problem. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

I posted this in the Google Small Business Community and they suggested I post it here as well. Link to other thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/Can-not-link-Google-My-Business...

Bear Lake Rental Properties
65 West Logan Road
Garden City, Utah 84028
(435)881-9805
https://plus.google.com/+BearLakeRentalPropertiesGardenCity

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

The easiest way is to have the same login for AdWords and each GMB account.  Otherwise, you will need to make an individual request for each location separately.

View solution in original post

Re: Cannot link Google My Business and Adwords Account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jared,

Have you tried removing the location feed on AdWords and re-syncing it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Matthew,

Yes, I have tried deleting the Location Extension and re-adding it. I have tried using a filter and not using a filter. There is only one location under the login I am using so it shouldn't matter. Both with and without a filter it says "1 Location Synced" in Adwords.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hm, not sure what the problem could be. Probably your best bet is contacting AdWords support and asking them to have a look at the account.

umm and sawRe: Cannot link Google My Business and Adwords Account

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Was referred to this post from another forum and saw it was unresolved.  Hopefully this will help anyone coming across this problem.  In a nutshell, since you are the owner of the GMB account AND the AdWords account, you will not see any entries on this page.

If you are accessing location extensions via your GMB access, nothing appears in this column

Request Access 2.pngWill NOT trigger an entry in GMBIf a third-party without GMB access makes the link request in order to create location extensions, then an an entry WILL appear in this list.

Request Access 1.pngWill trigger a linked access entry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Phillip B Thank you for the clarification. While I completely understand that now. I cant figure out why only one location is show under AdWords Extrension. We currenly have 3 locations, 2 are stores and while one is listed in AdWords, the other is not. The recent one is the one I want to add or for it to show up in Adwords but it is not . 

There does not seem to be a way to get that working.

Best regards

DHB

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

The easiest way is to have the same login for AdWords and each GMB account.  Otherwise, you will need to make an individual request for each location separately.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have similar issues, My GMB Page not connected with Adword Express account. I have same Login details for both account. When I see my GMB shows "No linked AdWords accounts" 

I have 3 Ad in my Adword Express, I am not able to delete those because I am using only one. Please help to delete useless campaign and connect it with GMB. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have similar issues, My GMB Page not connected with Adword Express account. I have same Login details for both account. When I see my GMB shows "No linked AdWords accounts" 

I have 3 Ad in my Adword Express, I am not able to delete those because I am using only one. Please help to delete useless campaign and connect it with GMB. 

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Hi,

See if you can follow these steps to link the accounts: https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/6396618?hl=en

Best,

John