2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot find merchant center product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When trying to create a Product Listing Ad for a single product, I get the message "This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed."

In Adwords I go to

Auto Targets > Add a group of products using Google Merchant Center feed attributes > Select ID in the dropdown > enter 106013 into the field > click validate.

I downloaded the feed in merchant center (the feed is generated by our hosted e-commerce system) and found the product, here is a copy of the item in the xml

http://pastebin.com/FVQVFmis

The g:id is 106013

In merchant center I can look up the product by ID, BUT I have to change the country dropdown in te top right from USA to UK. Could the country be the issue?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot find merchant center product

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per my understanding, it looks like the issue with the country because different countries have different guidelines of submitting the feed.

I would suggest you to read this reference first and then understand how the feed targeting various countries work:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi WaledaUK,

Are the geo-targeting for both your campaign and your feed the same?

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, they are both set to United Kingdom :-\

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I ended up here while trying to find why I, also, get ""This target does not match any products in your Google Merchant Center feed."", even when I've double checked that the id number is correct, etc.

I read another suggested thread about this error, where someone seemed to be saying that this error message is normal.
So, I tried just hitting save (even with the error message) and the ID=xyz DOES now show in my list of product targets. Silly me for thinking an error message meant it would not work. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info Cindy, I'll give it a go.