AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot create an ad group with a Display Network bid in a Search...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Something wrong happend on the Display Network in my Adwords.

1. I can't set bid for display network.

Ashampoo_Snap_2013.12.26_01h09m18s_004_.png

In default, I should see Display Network bid $x.xx besides the Default bid, but it disapears.

2. When I try to set bid for the display network in another way, I meet this error.

Ashampoo_Snap_2013.12.26_01h09m18s_004_.png

3. I can't see Automatic Placements in Display Networks, I can only manually add placements.

I guess all these problems are caused by the same reason. 

Anyone knows how to solve it???

Thanks in advance

FYI, I guess it's related to the new type of campaign "Search Network with Display Select". Because I just forced to upgrade to this new type.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Cannot create an ad group with a Display Network bid in a Search..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jonny,

Answers of your 1 & 2 question:-
As your campaigns type is search network with display select. and these campaigns do not allow to edit the display bid. This campaigns type is good for advertisers who run campaign on search network and willing to expand the reach on display network.

So you can say this type of campaigns has limitations that you are not allowed to edit the bid.

I would suggest for better campaigns management for display and search create the seperate campaigns for Search and Display.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonny G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jonny,

Yes, It is always advisable and considered best practice to create a separate campaign for both Network search & display. Reason being Targeted audiences are different. With search you target audience who are directly looking for product and service & with display network you are target audience who are indirectly seeing your ads and may find it useful.

With display network you target Image ads and Text ads both. With search only Text ads. At the same time bidding for both networks are different. Search is more expensive then Display (mostly). Image ads are more expensive then Text Ads (Mostly).

Hope that helps!

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor
Jonny, Automatic placements are located under Display Network>Placements Tab. How many impressions and clicks you can see for display network? If you have not received enough stats you will not be able to see placements. Also cross check settings for campaign.

Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jonny,

Answers of your 1 & 2 question:-
As your campaigns type is search network with display select. and these campaigns do not allow to edit the display bid. This campaigns type is good for advertisers who run campaign on search network and willing to expand the reach on display network.

So you can say this type of campaigns has limitations that you are not allowed to edit the bid.

I would suggest for better campaigns management for display and search create the seperate campaigns for Search and Display.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You mean I need to create a Search-only campaign and a Display Network-only campaign for the same product??
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jonny,

Yes, It is always advisable and considered best practice to create a separate campaign for both Network search & display. Reason being Targeted audiences are different. With search you target audience who are directly looking for product and service & with display network you are target audience who are indirectly seeing your ads and may find it useful.

With display network you target Image ads and Text ads both. With search only Text ads. At the same time bidding for both networks are different. Search is more expensive then Display (mostly). Image ads are more expensive then Text Ads (Mostly).

Hope that helps!

- Neha

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Jonny,

Adding to the Points what Neha has said creating different camapign for Display & Search is advisable because then it is easier to measure results for Display & Search Separately. Also, you can adjust budget for the respective campaign after you get some useful data.

Regards,
Rupesh Chhabra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your valuable advise, so I need to create a Search-only campaign, and a Display-Netwrok-only campaign. Not a mixed-up new type campaign. Right?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Jonny,

Yes. For better results! Even you can read here on this article: http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/11/select-new-better-performing-campaign.html

Just highlighted : "If you currently run Search and Display campaigns separately, we recommend you keep them separate for greater bidding, budgeting and targeting flexibility."

- Neha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Nahe! You've been so helpful to me! Merry Christmas!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Welcome! Merry Christmas to you too! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
BTW, my Adword doesn't find automatic placements for me. How to solve this problem?