Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Get My Sales Page Approved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I've tried unsuccesfully on 2 occasions to get my sales page approved for Adwords. I'm at a bit of a loss now as to what I need to change. Google will not tell me directly what the problems are, they just tell me to refer to their policies which I have done. I have made some big changes and I'm willing to do more if necessary, but I'd be guessing really as to what the next changes should be.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can shed any light on what is wrong with it.

Here is a link:

www.asapiano.com

Many thanks in advance

Martin

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot Get My Sales Page Approved

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

The page is designed as such Google won't like it.  It doesn't look like a site, more of something like "Ebook" or "Quick Way to make Money" sites.  It might worthwhile if you can change the site so that it looks like a actual website.

Now reg. the current site, the copyright is still "2011" and we are in Q2 of 2012.  Google considers these things while reviewing the website, since that makes sure that users always get something that is current.  Also move "Privacy Policy" and other links to top of the page, since its very difficult to go to the bottom of the page and check its details.

Hope this helps!

Nimesh.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nimesh. Many thanks for your reply and I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my sales page.

I know the type of websites that you are comparing mine with. Yes it is a sales page format as opposed to a conventional website however this layout helps with the flow of the page, because I need to show the teaching technique.

But that said, I think that you probably have a very valid point.

Thing is that I would need to completely redesign my website and still not actually know 100% if they just do not like my product.

Many thanks again.

Martin

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I don't think Google would have any issue with the product you are selling.  Since you are asking people to pay first and then download the materials, what Google wants is a clear info given regarding your return policy, what info you would be storing, are you going to store any CC details etc,.  Users shouldn't feel that they are on a scam website.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Re: Landing page not approved: Realistic goals + ClickBank

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello asapiano - welcome to our community;

• In your landing page you must set realistic goals (this is a requiremnet of the policy). Is "Give Me 40 Minutes & I'll Have You Playing Your First Impressive Song On Piano or Keyboard ...Even If You Are A Complete Beginner With No Musical Knowledge."- a realistic goal?
  • Moreover, I have noticed that you are linking to ClickBank. ClickBank is an affiliate, Google is not a great fan of...(to say the least... :smileywink):

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe

Thanks for the welcome and what you say makes sense.

The answer to your first question is yes, the first basic piano arrangement is certainly achievable in 40 minutes. For a complete beginner then it is also impressive. That said I can see where this may be seen as possibly misleading by Google, but I covered this in my disclaimer as this being 'typical' but not always a certainty.

I wasn't aware that Google had a problem with Clickbank. Obviously this is mine and my partner Samantha's own product and we aren't affiliates, but I see where you are coming from that Clickbank itself is actually in effect an 'affiliate'.

I'm just not sure how I can clean this up enough to please everyone?

Thanks again

Martin

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

asapiano;

First remove the link to ClickBank

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

All I can add here is that I didn't find a physical address. I believe that is a requirement.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

petebardo wrote:

All I can add here is that I didn't find a physical address. I believe that is a requirement.

Pete

OK thanks I'll try add ing this and resubmitting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, still no joy for me.

I've made all the following changes to my salespage in accordance with Google Adwords policy and my account request is still being rejected. I stunned that they will not give me any indication why, even it it was 'YOU HAVE NO CHANCE!' because all I'm doing is guessing?

I am seriously beginning to think that Moshe is right and that I have no chance with Adwords if my product is sold through Clickbank.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Martin

1) I’ve added a new disclaimer page to my website which should give clear indication of typical user experience but also explaining that it may not be everyone’s experience. http://www.asapiano.com/disclaimer.html

2) I have also increased the font size of the footer so that the links are more obvious. (I’m happy to make this bigger however it will affect my design)

3) I already offer a 100% money back guarantee if people are dissatisfied

4) Should visitors require proof of testimonials then I can provide contact details of current students.

5) I’m happy to change the 40 minute claim for learning a song, but this is a typical user experience.

6) I also have an FAQ page which addresses many questions: http://www.asapiano.com/asapiano-faqs.htm

7) The course method is completely transparent. If you look half way down the sales page then an example is clearly shown.

8) Added a Contact page with postal address, contact number and email address.