Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Change my daily budget?

ap
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
ap
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When going to increase my daily budget, The new figure will not save ?

still remains the original figure ???

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Cannot Change my daily budget?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi AP,

Clear catche cookies and try again. It should work!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes it is issue of Browser as well, which Browser Are you Using?

ap
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ap
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have tried with Mozilla & Chrome

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi AP,

Clear catche cookies and try again. It should work!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Issue is when viewing All Online Campaigns and the Settings tab. Then, the budget change doesn't stick.

Viewing All Online Campiagns and the Campaigns tab is OK, as is viewing the Settings tab for a particular campaign. Seems like a programming error rather than cookies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have reported this issue over a month ago to google. (Prior to December 2012 it worked fine), who have insisted that I should use chrome, (I do not want, nor do I like Chrome), however for the sake of ease. I have installed chrome. AND ON A FRESH INSTALL OF CHROME. The error persisted, I cannot change budget, yet I can change other things such as campaign end date. Google Engineers however seem not to have read anything about "Fresh install" and proceeded to advise to Clear cache cookies and try again. I have done precisely that, and sent a recorded picture sequence, and the problem persists, after clearing cache. For me, the problem is not resolved. After waiting for a long time with patience If there is no resolve I will have to abandon Adwords, and find some other solution.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi MusicMan, can you describe exactly what happens when you try to change the budget?  Can you upload some of those pictures here?  Do you receive any error messages at all?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Thank you for your swift response. I have put the whole sequence of pictures in a PDF file here Cannot Change Adwords Budget

There is no error message, but you can see the absence of a confirmation message, that you see when you change the campaign end date. As you can see from the sequence, the campaign end date can be changed, but not the budget.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi MusicMan, nice sequence, I wish all our posters laid out their steps so clearly, it would make things a lot easier!

Unfortunately, while your sequence of images is great, all they've done is leave me completely stumped, I do think you've either found a bug or an "intentional feature" that I didn't know about Smiley Happy  This behaviour happens on my Account as well but I've not spotted it before since I've never tried to change a budget from this screen.  What happens when you try to change the budget through the individual Campaign settings screen?  Select your Campaign from the list in the left column, then choose Settings, then go down to the Budget setting and change it there.

For me, this still works (even on a Campaign that's ended), while it doesn't work on the "list view" change.  Let me know what you find.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jon.

Thank you for investigating. I had forgotten that you could click on a campaign and change things that way. I suppose when one gets into a routine of doing something one way, one can tend to forget other ways. Thank you for reminding me, and it did work. I can change the budget that way.

Thank You for your help.