AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can you use several audiences with CM in the same ad group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

As far as I know, I can add a remarketing list to an ad group and also a customer email list. Let's say I want to target customers who visited "section A" of my site. I would have to add in the audience tab:

1. Remarketing list: matching users that visited "section A"

2. Customer email list

This way I could try to upsell products to those customers, right?

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Endal,

So are you trying to focus on only the emails that have been to "section A" on your site?

If so, it won't work like that, the customer list allows you to remarket to your previous customers. While the remarketing tags collect the cookies of the users and allow you to remarket that way.

By targeting them in the same ad group you will be targeting both - matching users that visited "section A" & and Customer Email List.

Another way you could upsell your product is to create a remarketing list to only target converted customers. Ex. Remarketing list: matching users that visited "section C(thank you for purchasing page)"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks!

Yes, I'm trying to target customer (already bought product A) to offer them product B (which is advertised on "section A").

I'm not following. You said "the customer list allows you to remarket to your previous customers", and that's really what I want. But I also need to add another remarketing list to target only customers who visited "section A".

The problem with your suggestion is that I can't target converted customers if the conversion window has expired. I mean, using customer email lists I can target users that converted 1 or 2 years ago. Am I making sense? :-) Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Endal, 

Sorry, I got confused by your post, I thought you wanted to narrow the targeting to your previous customers on your customer list who only visited "Section A"

By having an ad group that targets users who visited "Section A" and a customer list, you will be displaying to both. You can separate them into different ad groups as well just to keep the stats seperate and target ads more tailored towards each remarketing list.

Re: Can you use several audiences with CM in the same ad group?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

Trying remarketing to your customers who have already bought, 

regards,

Zaby

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks, Cedric. Separating them into different groups defeats the main purpose: showings ads ONLY to user who visited "section A" AND are on my customer email list.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks, but that's not what this is about, sorry. I have a list of emails, but some of these already consumers haven't bought anything recently.