AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can you use Before / After photos in Remarketing Banners?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a customer who has provided us with Before and After photos for his remarketing banners.

Can you advise if these are allowed to be used? With the words before/after?

Many thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mister M
November 2016

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Shouldn't be an issue, just ensure that you include the other required content as listed in my first response.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Re: Can you use Before / After photos in Remarketing Banners?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey,

You should be alright. Without knowing your business I can't say for certain, just make sure that the advertisement complies with the following:

Hope this helps,

Jim

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If this is a weight loss campaign re-marketing is not allowed, because it reveals a "medical"  condition.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you could give us a link to the site we will be in a better position to answer... my gut feeling is that if, for example, you were talking about a paint job on an old house that would be OK - but probably anything related to people would be a no-no for the reasons outlined by @MosheTLV

Google are "funny" about personal conditions - weight, amount of hair... but also religious or sexual persuasion - and remarketing lists get suspended for these areas... the thinking is that because someone visits, for example, your breast cancer site then you have information about their probable medical condition and that then remarketing to them gives you, as the advertiser, an unfair advantage.

There are, of course, all kinds of counter-arguments to this - I've proposed them on a number of occasions, but Google are immovable.

On the other hand, if you are currently using remarketing then your lists are implicitly approved (or haven't been noticed yet) by Google in which case your photos should be OK.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you folk, your replies are helpful

The business is not health or wellbeing related, it is in fact a plain and boring concrete polishing company.
Before polishing concrete = photo of dirty, stained and very grubby floor.
After polishing concrete = photo of shiny, whiter and clean looking floor.

The words "Before" and "After" in white over the top of each side of the image (which is split down the middle 50/50)

So, it is a cleaning company, who polish and clean floors and the photos were taken by them and used by permission of the customers.

Surely that will be OK?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mister M
November 2016

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Shouldn't be an issue, just ensure that you include the other required content as listed in my first response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jim, thanks yer a gentleman!