AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can you have multiple time zones in Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

We have just set up an Aus operation, so have put an adwords campaign in place and would like to set times for the Australian ads, but we have a GMT time matrix.

If I put in the Australian equivalent of UK 06.00 to midnight, it works out as 2100 to 1500, but Adwords will not allow it as the start time and end times are the wrong way around.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Martyn

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mjkinch
September 2015

Re: Can you have multiple time zones in Adwords?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Martyn,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!

No, unfortunately, you cannot have multiple time zones in one AdWords Account.  You can however change the time zone once in the lifetime of your AdWords Account (fill out link in the Help Center article below).

I often run Ads targeted towards time zones different than the ones I'm in.  I'll do a conversion in my head to account for the difference of my AdWords time zone and the time zone I want to advertise to.  For example, if I'm on Central time and I want my Ads to run from 6am - 6pm Pacific time, I'll just set my Campaign to run between 8am - 8pm (to account for the 2 hour time zone difference between Central and Pacific time.

Finally, if you're managing multiple AdWords Accounts and would like them to be specific to different time zones, consider setting up an MCC (My Client Center).  This will allow you to have multiple AdWords Accounts under one log in.

AdWords Time Zone

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
hi again,

I misunderstood and assumed you were setting a start date and end date for the campaign. Which does not appear to be the case. So ignore my first post Smiley Tongue.

Have you considered the simple solution? Set 2 time frames. So have your ad run from 21h00 till midnight and from midnight till 15h00?

Unless I am on a different wave length again :/

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
hi mjkinch,

The only reason I could think that adwords would consider those times the wrong way round is if you were not changing the date and thus entering the start time as 21h00 on the 18 of August and then setting the end time as 15h00 on the 18th of August (which is of course before the start time). You need to change the day to one forward if it goes over the midnight time threshold.

I hope that is what you were getting at.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Martyn,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!

No, unfortunately, you cannot have multiple time zones in one AdWords Account.  You can however change the time zone once in the lifetime of your AdWords Account (fill out link in the Help Center article below).

I often run Ads targeted towards time zones different than the ones I'm in.  I'll do a conversion in my head to account for the difference of my AdWords time zone and the time zone I want to advertise to.  For example, if I'm on Central time and I want my Ads to run from 6am - 6pm Pacific time, I'll just set my Campaign to run between 8am - 8pm (to account for the 2 hour time zone difference between Central and Pacific time.

Finally, if you're managing multiple AdWords Accounts and would like them to be specific to different time zones, consider setting up an MCC (My Client Center).  This will allow you to have multiple AdWords Accounts under one log in.

AdWords Time Zone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There

Thanks for the response. Unless I have my brain scrambled then I am trying to set the ad to run from 6am to midnight in Australia/Sydney time. To put this in on a GMT matrix works out as 1500 to 0900 GMT, and Adwords will not accept this timing it say 'end time is earlier than start time'. So using a GMT/UK time matrix what would you put as the start and end times to map to the same time in Sydney Australia? I cant seem to figure it!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
hi again,

I misunderstood and assumed you were setting a start date and end date for the campaign. Which does not appear to be the case. So ignore my first post Smiley Tongue.

Have you considered the simple solution? Set 2 time frames. So have your ad run from 21h00 till midnight and from midnight till 15h00?

Unless I am on a different wave length again :/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That sounds about right! Thanks for all your help

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem mjkinch,

If I had grasped your question correctly the first time this would have been answered earlier, as I have had the same issue before and came up with that solution that has been working great! Hope it works for you too.

Good Luck

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi mjkinch, as already suggested, the way to do what you want it to separate the time periods so that when looking at any individual day you'll see two periods:

00:00 - 15:00 and 21:00 to 00:00

As an additional point, I'd recommend you use separate Campaigns if you're targeting the whole of Australia as there are multiple time zones within the country.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits