AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can you choose start/end points for a video ad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all, 

Apologies if this question has been done to death - I have a video on YouTube I would like to use as an ad, but would like the ad to start about 0:40 in and end around 1:20. 

I did some searching and couldn't find anything on the subject. Is this possible with AdWords for video? 

Thanks so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author _empire
September 2015

Re: Can you choose start/end points for a video ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Empire,
No, unfortunately it's not.

If you don't want to use portions for your ad, you should cut the relevant section out and create a new video ad for it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Empire,
There's no need to ask your question in multiple forums as they're not relevant to them all and only serve to dilute your message and confuse other users who may have the same problem.

I've replied to your other two identical requests here:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Can-you-choose-start-end-points-for-a-vide...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Dave - thanks for the response! 

Re: the multiple posts, I did not realize I posted in multiple forums and had no intent to do so. I'll delete what I can. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No worries Smiley Happy

Not sure how related it is, but the call to action option below each video, you can put a custom destination URL in there and you can post a link to a video with a start time set in the URL parameters.