AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can we use capital letters in display URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

If my website name is www.googlecommunity.com and the page I am talking about is www.googlecommunity.com/my_page.

Now Can we show it like GoogleCommunity.com/My_Page in display URL of a text ad (withou using www.)?

Please share Your views.....

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Can we use capital letters in display URL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rakesh, not only is it permitted to use reasonable capitalisation in the Display URL, I'd actually recommend it, however, there are some things that Google do in the way they're actually shown.

Firstly, all domain names are shown lower case, while extra URL information retains the specified capitals so:  www.Example.Com/MyPage would be shown as www.example.com/MyPage

Secondly, if you leave off the www subdomain, Google will automatically add it upon showing the Ad, so: example.com/MyPage would become www.example.com/MyPage.  Unless the specified URL is more than 32 characters long without the www.

Finally, if you use a subdomain other than "www", Google will use that.  So: sub.example.com/MyPage would be shown as sub.example.com/MyPage.

Does that help?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rakesh G
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

upper case url is allowed, and infact all my ads - url is in upper case. It helps me to achieve more CTR. Google doesn't have any restrictions on this...

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar Seeram 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rakesh, not only is it permitted to use reasonable capitalisation in the Display URL, I'd actually recommend it, however, there are some things that Google do in the way they're actually shown.

Firstly, all domain names are shown lower case, while extra URL information retains the specified capitals so:  www.Example.Com/MyPage would be shown as www.example.com/MyPage

Secondly, if you leave off the www subdomain, Google will automatically add it upon showing the Ad, so: example.com/MyPage would become www.example.com/MyPage.  Unless the specified URL is more than 32 characters long without the www.

Finally, if you use a subdomain other than "www", Google will use that.  So: sub.example.com/MyPage would be shown as sub.example.com/MyPage.

Does that help?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,
Thanks for sharing your views. But I want to confirm that if enter just ThisExample.com/MyPage in the display URL line of a text ad, It would not be disapproved. Right?
It might be shown like thisexample.com/MyPage or same as I used it, but it would not be disapproved. Right?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

I am using this the same in my ad copies and were not disapproved. You can use as per Jon Suggestions.

Raghu

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Rakesh, there'd be no reason for Ad disapproval for a Display URL in that format, but of course there could be other URL related issues for disapproval such as the Display not matching the Destination.

Jon

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rakesh G
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

upper case url is allowed, and infact all my ads - url is in upper case. It helps me to achieve more CTR. Google doesn't have any restrictions on this...

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar Seeram 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think things may have changed since the orginal post.

Maybe its just the data server

BUT

I can not use capital letters in the URL, nor do I see any.

Adding Capitals would increase the CTR a bit.

I should say I do not see them in the domain name but I do see capitals used in the subdomain

www.tinyletters.com/This-Is-Capitals

I own one of the worlds oldest PPC companies so I am confused about no CAPS in the domain and why it is allowed in the /SUB-DOMAIN

what's the point in this?

thoughts?