Can we target Indian people in US?

If yes than please help me to setup my campaign

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we target Indian people in US?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;
The only way I can think of is by specific call to action in the ad-copy; You cannot target by language because they all speak English...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
One way might be through placements on the GDN. As a Brit living in Spain I tend to look at certain UK based websites - sports, news, etc.

Whilst it is not perfect you would probably find that combining placements that would attract an Indian audience with US geo targeting you might have some degree of success.

I can imagine, for example, that during the cricket test series many Indians living in the US would keep up with scores via the internet... that would be one starting place.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Hetal,

hetal d wrote:

Can we target Indian people in US?

If yes than please help me to setup my campaign

In addition to informative replies by Moshe and Steve above, I would like to say that language targeting using Hindi could be tried where Google will try to show your ads to the people who have chosen Hindi as a language while searching on Google and living in US.

So your target location would be US and the language setting would be Hindi. Please note that you will have to create your ads in Hindi language as Google is not going to translate that in particular language.

I hope that helps a little bit!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can use the Display Ad Planner to select language Hindi and keyword hindi , or search for any other website that can be visited by indians.

Interesting enough , if I select USA as location, I cannot select Hindu as language, even if statistics say that it is the 3rd imigrant population in terms of numbers reaching over 3 milion.

hindi-selection.png

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi hetal,

You can also use keyword "India" in your keyword or phrases of your adgroup to target Indian people in US.

Gokul