AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can we select interest categories for banner remarketing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I need a small help over here.

I am setting up banner retargeting campaing in adwords and have one small doubt.

Can we select interest categories for setting remarketing campaigns for banners? or should we select only remarketing list?

Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we select interest categories for banner remarketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello montoroy; welcome

Yes you could do that with remarketing, but then the two targeting methods will "overlap", and the targeting audience will be those who are on the remarketing list AND those who are on the interests category.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV. It is recommended using interest categories for banner re-targeting? or just we have to with remarketing list.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

"Interests"  are for users  showing interest in the topic / subject  (of the site visited).  That you already have. (Users visited your site showed interest in the topic of your  site). So, I would recommend Remarketing AND placements:  using this  structure, you have users showing interest in your site AND visiting other sites about the same topic;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’