AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can we generate 2 remarketing tags to track 2 websites ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Until now I used google analytics for remarketing through adwords, but it seems that it does not generate audiences for search remarketing. Since I have multiple websites tracked for audiences and only 1 website promoted through adwords , I needed multiple Tag tracking codes , but the interface seems to provide only 1 Tag with 1 ID. Am I missing something ?

Every website has it's analytics account and every analytic account build audiences separately for every website, and they are all imported in adwords.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Can we generate 2 remarketing tags to track 2 websites ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian, you can generate multiple AdWords Remarketing tags, it's just not very intuitive...  You have to choose "New Audience" from within the Audiences section of Shared Library, then "Remarketing List", then alter the "Who to add to your list?" drop-down to be "Visitors of a page with a specific tag" then in the dialogue that opens you'll see you have a button to create a new tag.

Like I said, it's not that obvious Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian, you can generate multiple AdWords Remarketing tags, it's just not very intuitive...  You have to choose "New Audience" from within the Audiences section of Shared Library, then "Remarketing List", then alter the "Who to add to your list?" drop-down to be "Visitors of a page with a specific tag" then in the dialogue that opens you'll see you have a button to create a new tag.

Like I said, it's not that obvious Smiley Happy

Jon

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Indeed, It works, thank you.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed the new tag has the same 

var google_conversion_id =

but not the same 

var google_conversion_label = 

Will it generate a new audience for every site based only on the var google_conversion_label , or will it simply reunite all the visitors from all the websites because it has the same var google_conversion_id ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian, you'll need to use a custom implementation and custom parameters for your tag.  See here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3111920?hl=en

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Jon

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh ....I don't want to dive into that , I'll just wait for the analytics remarketing code to be updated Smiley Happy

It doesn't sound like just a small code change for the remarketing tag.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I discovered a work around. I add the same remarketing tag to all the websites, and I pick from the reunited audience only visitors of certain pages from a certain website based on rules like "those who visited URL x" , and it seems to be working, from the moment I setup the rule , the number of colected visitors is just a little under the visitors recorded by one site in the same 2 hours.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian B,

Currently, I have exactly the same problem with you. It's amazing that the solution was presented in this discussion.

I have created a new remarketing list for a specfic tag as you discussed above and Adwords provided me a remarketing tag. However, I don't understand fully on how you can customize the custom parameters for the remarketing tag and install to other websites. What I really want to know is that how you customized the custom parameters so that you can pick from the reunited audience only visitors of certain pages from a certain website based on rules like "those who visited URL x".

Actually, I'm a marketer not an IT guy so it's quite difficult for me to customize the code. It would be great if you can reply this post by providing your custom parameters so that I can use because what my purpose on tracking is the same as you.

Hope you can answer, and also Cobnut, if you can see this post, please answer! I’m desperate finding the solution for it. Thank you very much!

Tommy