AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can we create a new account for same domain?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I had created an account a few days before, not I want to create a new account. I create a new account for the same domain and pause or delete the campaign in previouse account, would that be fine for me.

Wouldn't it voilate Google's policy?

Logically, while creating an account we do not need to confirm that for which domain we are creating this account, and if I had created only one campaign and after few days I will delete this campaign, I think it should not prevent to create a new account for the same domain name. I can use old account for different domain.

Am I right? Please do share your thoughts....It will help me and lots of people.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rakesh G
September 2015

Re: Can we create a new account for same domain?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Rakesh,

As MosheTLV mentioned, the best and safest thing to do is to cancel your original account. The AdWords system won't show two ads for the same website in one search results page - so if you have two accounts with the same website, you won't violate the Double Serving policy. However, you will be competing with yourself, so we really don't recommend having two accounts for one website. 

If you have two AdWords account for two different websites that offer similar products or services, you might violate the Double Serving policy. I'd recommend keeping away from that kind of activity. 

Hope this helps clarify the policy for you! 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
Google is strict about double serving.. you can check this post http://goo.gl/f15pim . If you are misusing the free ad credits Adwords will definitely ban you..

Thank and regards
John

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Why did you open a new account?
As long as you cancelled the old account - you are OK
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Rakesh,

Agree with Moshe TLV here, as long as you have deleted the old campaign you should be fine. it is only when you have two live campaigns in two different AdWords accounts that are using the same Domain that Google will penalize you or worse just suspend your account.

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rakesh G
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Rakesh,

As MosheTLV mentioned, the best and safest thing to do is to cancel your original account. The AdWords system won't show two ads for the same website in one search results page - so if you have two accounts with the same website, you won't violate the Double Serving policy. However, you will be competing with yourself, so we really don't recommend having two accounts for one website. 

If you have two AdWords account for two different websites that offer similar products or services, you might violate the Double Serving policy. I'd recommend keeping away from that kind of activity. 

Hope this helps clarify the policy for you! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rachel,

Do abc.comapny.com and xyz.company.com considered same website?

Thanks
Chow