Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't start a new campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have run one an engagement led campaign before and it worked fine.

I am now trying to run another one and once I get into the 'create ads' tab after ('campaign settings' and 'create an ad group') I keep getting this message:

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.

Please refresh this page to try again.

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

I have tried using different browsers, different machines, pausing ad blocker, clearing my cache and history but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Thanks
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't start a new campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Looks like a transient issue. Could you try after a while and see if it works?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply.

I've now been trying to do it over the last 36 hours and it still isn't working.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Are you facing this issue only with ads? Are you able to create and save campaigns or ad groups? I'm wondering if you're having read only access to the account. Could you check that?
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Will,

I think I have to agree with Sumanth on this. Your Id that you are using to access AdWords may have 'Read only' access at the moment. It is only when this is the case that you are served with the Error page you just mentioned.

Just check if you have access to the Tools section of the AdWords interface and if you dont, you have a Read Only access on your Id. Once you change this or get hold of an id with higher access (i.e. Standard or Admin), you should be able to make the changes you want to.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This message don't trigger with read only account. I faced this problem many times but resolved at once when click on refresh link. Google Adwords interface is very very heavy and and some times some js files stop running. You should use AdWords interface on Google chrome.

Can't start a new campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, How to get started to campaign?