1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't start a campaign because...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. Please refresh this page to try again. If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page. [ Dismiss ]"

It happened on both firefox and chrome, I'm running windows 8, any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't start a campaign because...

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Clean your browser's history and cash or try another computer to make sure that the problem is not related to your account only.

Please have a look at this discussion for more solutions:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Members-lounge/Adwords-error/td-p/11992

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also try logging in using a private session , in chrome it is called incognito mode and it is done through the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N

This ensures that no browser extensions are loaded which could block elements from the AdWords interface (javascript, flash).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I used Linux Fedora, tried adwords on both Firefox and Chrome, cleaned both history / cache, tried Ctrl+Shift+N. login and logout a few times, use different user name... I still have the same error message:

"There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. Please refresh this page to try again. If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page."

any other solution? please advise, thanks!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Once I've cleared my browser cache, I usually reboot the computer to make sure there are no lingering problems.

Have you ever successfully created an AdWords account or is this your first attempt?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I'm having the same issue here. I can't generate an Adwords API key. Every time I get that error.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.