Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't see edit option on device for search network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am running campaign for search network where I already selected all device setting with it.

But I want to change it and make my ads run only on desktop.

The problem is I am not able to see edit option on device?

I just dont want to show my ads on other devices.

Please help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: Can't see edit option on device for search network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor, the only option you have with Search is to disable mobile devices; tablets and desktops cannot be separated.  To disable mobiles, choose your Campaign, go to the Settings tab, then choose Devices and you'll be able to click on a bid adjustment entry alongside "Mobile devices with full browsers".  Set this to decrease by 100% and you'll effectively turn off mobile advertising.

Please note that restriciting mobile ads may not be an effective chioce.  Even if your product is PC based (such as software that only runs on desktops) it's quite possible that people may research your product through their mobiles or tablets and then buy later via a desktop.  Since this may happen when they're not logged in, mobile advertising could be giving you sales that are not being recorded by AdWords.  I'd advise you check your Analytics data for mobile visits and sales before assuming mobiles won't convert.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor, the only option you have with Search is to disable mobile devices; tablets and desktops cannot be separated.  To disable mobiles, choose your Campaign, go to the Settings tab, then choose Devices and you'll be able to click on a bid adjustment entry alongside "Mobile devices with full browsers".  Set this to decrease by 100% and you'll effectively turn off mobile advertising.

Please note that restriciting mobile ads may not be an effective chioce.  Even if your product is PC based (such as software that only runs on desktops) it's quite possible that people may research your product through their mobiles or tablets and then buy later via a desktop.  Since this may happen when they're not logged in, mobile advertising could be giving you sales that are not being recorded by AdWords.  I'd advise you check your Analytics data for mobile visits and sales before assuming mobiles won't convert.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Cobnut

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Cobnut..

I can not completely remove the setting but I can decrease it as you suggested.

Reason why I want to do this that my mobile page is not working its having some correction so want to exclude that device from campaign