1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Can't open my adword account in adwords editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, I just downloaded the adwords editor so have never tried to open my acount in it before today. When I file, open account, put in my login and password, the error says my username or password is incorrect. Isn't it the same login and password I use to access my adwords account online? Note I'm a google grants user - free for nonprofits, P.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can't open my adword account in adwords editor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Patricia, yes username/password would still be the same to log into AdWords editor as it is to log into the AdWords website.

This would be the case regardless if it was a paid account or a grant account.

Chances are there is an issue with the username or password that you are using. It is case-sensitive.

Of important note and something that affects grantees quite often is that the AdWords username can be different than the one you used to sign up for Google for nonprofits.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Patricia, yes username/password would still be the same to log into AdWords editor as it is to log into the AdWords website.

This would be the case regardless if it was a paid account or a grant account.

Chances are there is an issue with the username or password that you are using. It is case-sensitive.

Of important note and something that affects grantees quite often is that the AdWords username can be different than the one you used to sign up for Google for nonprofits.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have the exact same problem - I am a grants user, and it's showing sign-in failed. I have changed my account password, and the new one doesn't work either. I'm certain that I am typing everything correctly (have tried around ten times)

Cheers,
-Jack

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,
First, for your privacy and account protection, be sure to edit your post above to remove the email address.

Second, Do you have 2-Step verification?
If you've recently enrolled in 2-step verification, you might see this error message when you sign in to your account in AdWords Editor:

Sign-in failed. The username or password you entered is incorrect.

To access your account, you need to set up an application-specific password in addition to your AdWords account username and password.

Instructions for that can be found here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/1075856

If you are not using 2-step verification, then you may want to use the Editor Troubleshooter here: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/troubleshooter/2893845?hl=en

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee